The Lazy Suzanne Test

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 26, 2010
Is that where you scream and rant at the girl and then lock her in a cupboard, if she manages to get out on her own and still wants to play softball, you don't cut her from the team?

-W

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I appreciated your clips working on it. Theoretically, it should provide feedback in terms of one's initial use of ground reaction forces. Plan to replicate it as soon as I locate two pieces of cardboard. I do appreciate your experiments.

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
IMO, the Lazy Susan Test is best used as a feedback exercise rather than an actual pass or fail test. The reason being that a person performing the test can produce a pre-determined result if they try hard enough.

Nov 18, 2009
Just so i understand. the folder should cause your foot to turn at load due to lack of friction if you are coiling during load?

Feb 16, 2010
Nashua, NH
IMO, the Lazy Susan Test is best used as a feedback exercise rather than an actual pass or fail test. The reason being that a person performing the test can produce a pre-determined result if they try hard enough.

I agree that it is great to use as a exercise tool. It can also be a great tool to diagnose swing flaws, especially relating to coil-uncoil or load-unload. It also applies to both hitting and throwing so once the concept is understood, the movement pattern is easy to transfer between skills.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619