The 'Good Bye' change up

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
It does not matter what you throw fro a slow change up, as long as it stays a little flat and does not have a high arc as some do. Here is a little something you can do that is VERY distracting to the batter's eyes.

Now, most slow change ups are released at a height level that is much lower than the batter's eyes In other words, at the moment of release the batter will be staring [m a downward amgle. They will be looking near your hip, at your release point.

Here is what you can do now and than to have a little fun with the batters. I call it the 'Good Bye' change up/

You throw that slow change up but, the instant you release it you keep your hand down low at that exact spot you released the ba;;. As soon as the ball is released you INSTANTLY point your fingers up and quickly go back and forth, lef5t to right, like they were a windshield wiper on your family car. Do it VERY quickly and do not hesitate after release.

The batter will have their eyes locked on the ball and your hand. Go back and forth twice VERY quickly, thats all you need.

Be prepared though, the batter will want to kick your booty!

Once the ball is released from your hand no pitching regulations apply to the pitcher and what they do with their body after the pitch is done.

kNOW THE PITCHING REGULATIONS, THERE IS ALOT OF LEEWAY THERE.

Have fun!

Feb 22, 2013
I've always been partial to the "Read the newspaper change".

After throwing a slow change up, put down your glove and pull a newspaper out of your back pocket. Open the newspaper, so that batter can not see your face and the batter will be so focused on the pitcher's disinterest with the pitch, that the batter will not be able to swing at the ball.

I have found that if a pitcher uses the comics section of the newpaper and displays that page towards the batter, that the batter will be confused and interested in what the pitcher is reading at the same time. LOL

Pitch not to be used on a slow news day or when DFP server down.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad