The catching camp

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 22, 2011
I don’t know why I waited to buy this superb ebook. I‘ve told people for over ten years the best money I ever spent on softball was buying the their catching clinic DVD. This is a steal at $199.

My daughter worked with Jay Weaver 3 times. The first time was just before she turned nine at his 4 day summer camp. That summer camp turned her into the out stealing, always thinking two steps ahead, throwing the ball for the next out before the umpire made his call, defensive monster she was during her playing days. She was a superb lefty RF, 1B, and backup catcher, who if she had to could play 3B, 2B, and pitch. Jay Weaver deserves a big part of the credit for turning her into the defensive player she was.

Jul 1, 2022
I don’t know why I waited to buy this superb ebook. I‘ve told people for over ten years the best money I ever spent on softball was buying the their catching clinic DVD. This is a steal at $199.

My daughter worked with Jay Weaver 3 times. The first time was just before she turned nine at his 4 day summer camp. That summer camp turned her into the out stealing, always thinking two steps ahead, throwing the ball for the next out before the umpire made his call, defensive monster she was during her playing days. She was a superb lefty RF, 1B, and backup catcher, who if she had to could play 3B, 2B, and pitch. Jay Weaver deserves a big part of the credit for turning her into the defensive player she was.

Interested in the camp. Did you think just before age 9 was a good time to attend? Had she played a season or two of 10u before attending for the first time?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Feb 7, 2014
Interested in the camp. Did you think just before age 9 was a good time to attend? Had she played a season or two of 10u before attending for the first time?

Pretty sure my DD was 11 when she took her first of three camps with Jay - worth every penny!

Jan 22, 2011

It was an excellent time to attend. Jay and the instructors were excellent with tailoring the drills to her and were very patient with her. I had had the DVD for 3 years prior to her attending and had been teaching my catchers several of what was on the DVD In 8u.

If you want to have pitchers good enough to not have walkfeats in 10u, you need to have catchers who have been taught the Jay Weaver way of catching, IMO.

Rick Pauly giving credit to who really makes pitchers great:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619