tee work

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009

DD. She will be 12 next week. That is a 21 oz synergy with a 9oz power sleeve taped to it (30oz). I cut the power sleeve. Taped a couple inches to the knob, a couple at the top of the grip and the rest on the barrel. We hit about a dozen off the tee, a dozen soft toss, then the rest of the session with a reg 21oz bat.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Very interesting. I see a lot to like here.

Wish she had a cleaner sequence. Would prefer that she didn't start with her hands back and instead used more of a sequence that had her hands loading rearward as her hips moved/coiled forward.

Last edited:

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Thanks. I am in a mode of not wanting to change a lot with her too quickly. I would like her to try starting a small step. Also there were quite a few swings yesterday that I commented to her that I wasn't seeing really any weight transfer.

So I am thinking slow mo: 1. stance 2. Load, should she turn in the hips, then step, hips forward and hands back, or just hips forward hands back (do you feel the stretch on the front side at this point?)? Hope I am making sense, the more I am thinking about it the more I am confusing myself.

R

RayR

I like the swing - yes she still has work to do on learning to transfer her weight, but I love the barrel action especially with the heavier bat...

Watch the back elbow / hands relationship - it is my opinion that if a hitter is using her hands/wrists early in the swing to turn the barrel you will see the elbow slot (since it is the open chain - everything else is connected to something) but not get too far ahead since the hands and wrists are working right away.

Whether she is aware or not - the heavier bat is creating a situation where she is forced to use her hands/wrists to move the bat (not letting it drop) earlier....

RHC1.JPGRHC2.JPGRHC3.JPG

R

RayR

I should have included this - have her get her front foot down earlier and do the same thing with her hands....

Her front heel should already be planted at this point...and be releasing (walking) off the back heel....

1641d1327588829-tee-work-rhc1.jpg

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA