Swing adjustments

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2016
Hey everyone,

I need some help with my son's swing. I have no clue what website to go to that is much better than this website in terms of technical hitting. If there is a website in mind, please let me know.

Anyways, I hope you guys don't mind me posting here to get some help. I know this site is specifically for fastpitch but my approach to teaching my son how to hit the ball is very similar to some of your guys' swing philosophies. I thought I can get some help here.

There are two videos I will show. The first link is basically the type of swing that I like my son to focus on and move forward with. The second swing is a bad habit that I've been trying to get rid of since he started playing baseball. Most of the time, he'll come back to this type of swing that really hampers his ability to make good contact with the ball. Without me trying to explain what those flaws (hoping that some of you swing nerds like myself can recognize), I was hoping one of you can point me to the correct drill that will get me similar to video 1 all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GpS7rRX4i0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgLjtLwrL7o

Thanks a bunch.

Sep 29, 2014
Biggest thing is even though it looks like he is trying to go through the right motions there is almost no coil/load he is basically standing flat footed and swinging with his arms even though his lower half is going through the motions you can tell the lower half is not engaged. I'll let others get more technical...but you have definitely come to the right place some of the guys here have really taken the time to learn and study the mechanics of a good swings...I'm just giving you my layman's 2 cents

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tumblr_o2m4f4bfzq1usf292o1_250.gif

Nice base to build from but, needs work with sequence..
If there is a website in mind, please let me know.
All are welcome because baseball swing is the same as the softball swing. Other sites if you are interested in a more baseball base subjects is:
Baseball fever: Baseball 101, Coaching & Fundamentals
Also if you want to really learn about the baseball swing there is:
Baseball Debate.proboards.com

Learn the 'sequence':
Wright_3Bview.gif

Wright_side_slo.gif

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
He uses his front leg to step out. it is fast.
Need to have the back leg in charge 0f the front leg stepping out.

Straightleg

Feb 15, 2016
Biggest thing is even though it looks like he is trying to go through the right motions there is almost no coil/load he is basically standing flat footed and swinging with his arms even though his lower half is going through the motions you can tell the lower half is not engaged. I'll let others get more technical...but you have definitely come to the right place some of the guys here have really taken the time to learn and study the mechanics of a good swings...I'm just giving you my layman's 2 cents

Thanks for the input. We've been focusing so much about his bat drag and opening up too early that I missed his loading process.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC