Surprise from Drakemir when I got home.......

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 28, 2014
It was a stock glove - but they only had 1 - I don't think they are planning on making more of that particular model. I could order one, for the stock price - but it would have a 3-4 week lead time.

That is a beautiful glove.

Drakemir is that custom or would you happen to have that exact glove laying about unloved?

Btw dd#2’s hopeful future college coach recommended the glove in helmet deal too.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Well, I do know a guy! I must be doing something right, this is the second Vinci that just showed up at my house.........that I didn't buy! Jdaddy, it's that glove prop I used that got you wasn't it?
All I saw was beautiful brown leather, lol! JK! That is a good looking ride!

Dec 11, 2010
I think if I could get one in her hands she would be sold but I don’t want to take the chance. I’m trying to head off an A2000 at the pass.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I think if I could get one in her hands she would be sold but I don’t want to take the chance. I’m trying to head off an A2000 at the pass.

Westwind, I worked on this glove for 20-30 minutes before I gave it back to the HC, very snug hand and finger stalls! I hate I didn't put a tape on it and get an actual measurement, but it's absolutely smaller than Anna's 12" customs, length and width wise. Anna's 12" customs are larger than their listed size which is backwards from most glove manufacturers these days. Her 12" gloves are easily a 1/2" longer in the fingers than this 11.75" Optimus!

The one glove comparable to Anna's 12" customs is the 12" Don Morton Rawlings Pro1000-HC, I've had two of them and they both measure 11.75".......killer glove though!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Has anyone seen these new Mizuno classics?
Mizuno Classic GCF1200F2 12" Fastpitch Glove | Softball.com

The HS HC who brought me that Vinci Optimus to break in also brought me one of these Mizuno's to break in yesterday. He had to make a run to one of our equipment suppliers to pick up a couple of helmets, more cleats, batting gloves, etc. One of the new players dad ask him if he would check on a glove for his DD. Guess they worked something out and the HC bought one of these in a 12". Now these have a MSRP of $189.95, our supplier sold it to him for $150.00, pretty good discount!

Now I don't consider myself a glove snob, I know there's different circumstances for different families, but Geez........I don't see how Mizuno could charge even $59.95 for this glove! Coach handed it to me and asked if I could get it ready for this new player, I shoe-shined the heel 8/10 times and folded the thumb over the pinky and vice versa 4/5 times, laughed and handed it back to him, it's ready! What a POS! I know every girl on Anna's TB team would destroy this glove in a month, of course this new player on our HS team won't, I hope she loves and enjoys her new glove!

Dec 11, 2010
I think I need to let her get the A2000. I realized overnight that I would never pressure her to swing a bat that she doesn’t want to. Gotta feel good about it I guess. One of her teammates got a custom A2000 last summer and she’s been stuck on them ever since.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I think I need to let her get the A2000. I realized overnight that I would never pressure her to swing a bat that she doesn’t want to. Gotta feel good about it I guess. One of her teammates got a custom A2000 last summer and she’s been stuck on them ever since.

A2000's are great gloves, I'd personally stick to a true A2000 baseball glove, not a fastpitch model, but that's me! You seemed to really like that 11.75" Optimus, are you looking for a infield glove? The 12" David Wright DW5 is a great infield pattern. It's plays a little smaller than it's listed size.
Wilson Custom A2000 Baseball Gloves - Wilson Custom Works

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Okay, this is getting ridiculous, I leave my office for maybe 15 minutes, when I get back there's a brand new Optimus 1B glove sitting on my desk....no rhyme or reason, just sitting there like hello.......I think you're supposed to beat me senseless:rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0312.jpg
    IMG_0312.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0314.jpg
    IMG_0314.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0309.JPG
    IMG_0309.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0313.jpg
    IMG_0313.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 64
May 24, 2013
So Cal
You need to send that 1B mitt to me. My DD isn't convinced that she wants a 1B mitt, and that might just do the trick of changing her mind.

I'm a little confused, actually. I offer to buy my kid some new gear, and she doesn't want it. This doesn't compute in my GAS-addled brain.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi