Suggestions on a Bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2020
Back in January I purchased a cheap used bat for my DD to use as a practice bat....It was the exact bat her sister used back in 2010/2011 a Mattingly Balistk. Once I handed her the bat it became her primary bat. She wouldn't use the other bats.

She came to me last week showing me an ebay ad for a Mattingly Balistk but a 32/22 she currently uses 31 inch bats. She is 12U. I asked her about the another bats since that one isn't made any more. Her reply was "I love my cheap bat". She saw her friend crack a bat and now she is worried about her beloved Mattingly Balistk. I paid 10 bucks for it.

I am looking for a bat or a category of bats that feel like the Mattinly Balistk

or

Is that bat being made under a different name?

Right now she is on a crazy hitting streak. She only been out once since she started using the bat. That out was a line drive to the pitcher and we are all happy the girl caught it...if not pain was coming.....so I know that is part of love for the bat....couple that with seeing pictures of her big sister posing with a bat that looks exactly like the one she has....well you see my issue

Any suggestions are appreciated

Her other bats she owns...and they are basically brand new. I don't want to add to the grave yard of bats......

AXE Anenge power grip 31/19 purchased new last October - used maybe 6 times at a bating cage

Combat Maxum 31/20 purchased new for Christmas - used one tournament for two games she struck out each time at bat---- switched to the practice bat, Mattingly Balistk, and haven't been out since.....well once......

Any suggestions are appreciated

oh and the ebay Mattingly Balistk is 100 bucks....I am having a hard time with $100 for a 10 year old bat.....

Oct 4, 2018
I bought my 10 year old a Ghost Advanced. So no surprise when I say... "Buy her the bat". :D

Life is short, money is best used (after necessities) to make loved ones happy.

Aug 7, 2019
Take a very hard look at the new Mizuno F21 Power Carbon. I just picked one up for my daughter after demoing it compared to several others. All of the girls loved it. We currently have a girl on the team
also demoing the PC. She’s always been a Ghost girl. She’s demoing the PC and the Ghost advanced. What does she like? The PC. Give it a try....

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Right now she is on a crazy hitting streak. She only been out once since she started using the bat. That out was a line drive to the pitcher and we are all happy the girl caught it...if not pain was coming.....
I think you answered every question / concern with this! Look at the $100 like this, you have $110 in two of those bats, so $55 each.........man you’re way ahead of the game, buy the bat!

Mar 28, 2020
Just hit buy on the used bat, but will have her check out the Mizuno F21 Power Carbon.....

If anyone else have a suggestion for a bat I would love to hear.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD bought a used Cf6 on here, she loved that bat.

I know they had an off year but I am surprised they aren't mentioned very often anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi