Stride Change

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
My apologies as well for the hijack. But I agree with what others have said. Sometimes simplifying the process a bit can pay huge dividends. My DD started with a very basic swing and gradually developed into a Josh Donaldson type. Now she is starting to tone it down a bit again as the movements have become too much.

Kind of reminds me of a Graphic arts project I was helping a friend on. It started out simple, but then we kept on adding stuff to it, After a while it became to much, to cluttered the more we started looking at it. So we started taking stuff away until it was the balance we were looking for.

May 12, 2016
In all seriousness, I wouldn't recommend no stride. it's really too much of a pain when learning the steps in the sequence. I know you can have a very good no-stride swing, I just found it very difficult to restrain the all back/all forward type movement.

Jun 8, 2016
In all seriousness, I wouldn't recommend no stride. it's really too much of a pain when learning the steps in the sequence. I know you can have a very good no-stride swing, I just found it very difficult to restrain the all back/all forward type movement.
She has some time..he did say she was hitting liners so 🤷‍♂️ . Launch position cannot be any worse than Eddie.

Sep 29, 2014
I did this one a while ago but I think it illustrates that whatever gets you in the right position works Josh v Amanda on these pics the high leg kick versus the no stride. Focus at frame 3 toe touch/heel plant this is where it is at...and yes I might be a broken record but there a only very minor difference between all elite hitters at this point no matter what or how they all get HERE. I think the swing plane diverges a little in last frames because one is swinging at an inside belt high pitch and the other a pitch at their outside knees but a high quality swing is a high quality swing stride or no stride and it doesn't really start to matter a lot IMO as long as you get to the right position at toe touch/heel plant you can make it work.

six frame both j.jpg

May 12, 2016
I agree 100% that a quality swing is a quality swing. Stride vs no stride no difference if you are in sequence. However I always found it harder to be in sequence with no stride, specifically hips, but and core.... If anybody can mimic Chamberlains sequence above, then they have no worries

On a side note, my DD's stride experiment went to hell tonight and she got extremely frustrated which made me frustrated. No stride back on, Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Oct 2, 2017
I agree 100% that a quality swing is a quality swing. Stride vs no stride no difference if you are in sequence. However I always found it harder to be in sequence with no stride, specifically hips, but and core.... If anybody can mimic Chamberlains sequence above, then they have no worries

On a side note, my DD's stride experiment went to hell tonight and she got extremely frustrated which made me frustrated. No stride back on, Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Same happened with my DD at her team practice, Needless to say Old stride back on :sneaky:

Jun 8, 2016
If you guys have a good reason for doing something, you need to stick with it and let your DDs know that it might get worse before it gets better and that that is part of the process. Whether they believe is a different story..Now if it was your DD's idea to do something then by all means punt :LOL:

May 12, 2016
If you guys have a good reason for doing something, you need to stick with it and let your DDs know that it might get worse before it gets better and that that is part of the process. Now if it was your DD's idea to do something then by all means punt :LOL:
At 14 I need to listen my DD as well. When she says "dad I am not having fun with this anymore", have to stop and listen. She works hard, gets outside her comfort zone, open to new suggestions, so I can't complain. We are in season now with big tournaments coming up (National Qualifier, Provincial championships) so I need to be careful here. We are back to no stride, and I need to work with what I got right now. I complain, but she's a great kid and I am proud of her.

Sorry C, this thread is about your DD, my apologies

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00