Stinging hands - help!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2008
Try downloading it to your hard drive. Then use either WMP or preferably quicktime (free download) to open the file.

Dec 10, 2009
MPEG4 8 of 16, Fastpitch
Stop this clip at contact and note the relationship of the bat to the left forearm. This is the result of good whip/uncocking of the wrists. I'd expect your DD is pushing the bat and hands forward at contact rather than making contact toward the end of good whip.

I viewed the video - thank you! I have been studying the videos like this on this site and others and have been working on it with DD. She does well on the tee and was getting better at live hitting off the coach in 8U. I have noticed hesitation now that she is seeing faster pitches and hits the harder ball. She doesn't complain too much, but if there was something obvious to help avoid the sting, I would love to help her.

She gets out of school in 90 minutes, so we will work on this. She likes to look at the videos, so I will show it to her and ask her what she sees.

Thanks again!

Dec 10, 2009
Here's an update and a funny story (lesson learned). DD and I went to the park after school. I told her my virtual softball coaches had given me some ideas why her hands were stinging. She quickly says, "Oh I know why my hands sting! It's when I don't hit the sweet spot!" Geez, I should have just asked her to begin with! Obviously I am new at this! I did take some video of her hitting off the tee, but could not do live pitch because husband was doing home repairs tonight and I can't pitch and video at the same time. No, I do not have a tripod. :)

I did show her the different grip and she liked it, but will need a bit of reminding for a while so as not to slip into old deep palm grip habit.

I will post the video as soon as I figure out how. It can't be too hard . . .

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild