Softball Size Whiffle Balls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 15, 2009
NC
Anybody know where to get some quality balls from? I am going to be working on the tee with my DD during the off months.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Different Ball Sizes

Good idea to mix in smaller wiffles (e.g., baseball or golf) to promote hand eye coordination. A softball looks huge and un-missable after you've been hitting golf wiffles.

Have fun!

GM:D

Oct 14, 2008
I really like these foam practice golf balls for hitting...

Amazon.com: Golf Metal Range Bucket With Practice Balls: Toys & Games

They can be thrown from front toss for pregame batting practice. They are extremely durable; you'll lose them before they wear out.

Another drill I like to use with them is to do side toss with them while tossing two in the air and call out a color for the player to hit.

Another good point to those is they dont hurt as bad as wiffles do when they smack you in the mouth

Tim

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
I use the golf whiffles for indoor work with DD this time of year along with softball sized whiffles that have the numbers 1-4 written on them randomly. When we use the numbered balls for side toss, DD has to yell out what number she sees when she is swinging at the whiffle. This drill helps to promote keeping eyes on the ball. When this drill is done with DD's team, the girls all love to yell out the number they see when they smash the whiffle. Makes BP a bit more fun.

May 5, 2009
I haven't had good success with the ones from Dick's. If you see a seam walk away. After one session most were split into two or cracked at the seams. The ones I have now were purchase on eBay and work great. They were listed at "Sturdy".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi