Softball hitting drills for 10u

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2011
I am looking for hitting drills that I can do at practice to improve hitting for my 10u girls. Right now I do a lot of soft toss with them. Would like to get some new drills to help with hand/eye coordination. I think they are having trouble picking up the ball. I want to thank everyone in advance for any drills you may have to help me. Look forward to reading post. Thanks

Jul 21, 2008
I am looking for hitting drills that I can do at practice to improve hitting for my 10u girls. Right now I do a lot of soft toss with them. Would like to get some new drills to help with hand/eye coordination. I think they are having trouble picking up the ball. I want to thank everyone in advance for any drills you may have to help me. Look forward to reading post. Thanks

Try doing front toss, get a screen and park in front of the hitter (short distance) toss ball into the strike zone. Speed will be base on the age and skill level of hitters. From the short distance the coach can work inside and outside pitch location.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
There are a few variations of this drill but you can try and put numbers/ patterns on the balls. Batter is only allowed to swing at a certain number/ pattern. Or they need to call out the number/ pattern after every pitch.

Front toss is better than soft toss from the side.

May 31, 2009
The Ultimate Hitting Machine (Beebe Sports Inc.) is a good soft toss machine to use as a hitting station. Young boys and girls can operate it by them selves, and it will definitely help improve hand-eye corrdination. You can adjust the machine to toss the ball at a higher toss, and have the kids wait and swing as the ball gets back down into strike zone, or you can adjust the machine to toss the ball at a lower toss, and have the kids swing quick, before it starts back down. This way will help them develop quick hands and bat speed.
This machine works similar to soft tossing or self tossing, but the machine tosses the ball in the air when you step down on the launch pad.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
There are a few variations of this drill but you can try and put numbers/ patterns on the balls. Batter is only allowed to swing at a certain number/ pattern. Or they need to call out the number/ pattern after every pitch.

Amen on the numbers! It is like a magic spell!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan