Softball bat store??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2012
I am looking for a store or place that sells composite or half n half. I'm having trouble finding my daughter the right setup. She is using a Louisville Slugger Catalyst 33/23 and needs a 33/21. I do not care for the Catalyst b/c I bought it new in November and we are now on our 3rd one. She is 5'7 135lbs. Any ideas or opinions will be greatly appreciated b/c this is turning into a headache.

Jun 11, 2012
California
Get her a Xeno. I'm sure everyone is used to the sound by now but it has good pop and the -10 is well balanced so will swing lighter than her Catalyst.

Feb 16, 2012
I bought my DD's CF4 off of cheapbats.com. At the time is was $100 less than the local sports store. She has been using the new Legit bat (team bat) and loves it.

Mar 29, 2012
For that exact length/weight (a -12) you can look at the Miken Freak Lite, Demarini Vendetta, Anderson nanotek, Miken Rain. They are all -12.

Check ebay, amazon, closeoutbats.com, justbats.com, cheapbats.com check all over the web and just find the best deal you can.

In general it seems most people feel the CF5, CF4, Xeno, speed stealth, and Rockettech are the best bats (not everyone agrees) but I don't think any of them come in a -12. The CF5 does have a -11 version so it would be 33/22 and I think it is on sale at closeoutbats for $199.

I guess it depends on a big part of what is your budget on which bat to get.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
If you are committed to something in that range, you can pick up an Easton Synge(-11.5) for cheap.

That said, I would expect that given her size, she could probably swing a -10, which will give you a wealth of choices as listed above.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I am looking for a store or place that sells composite or half n half. I'm having trouble finding my daughter the right setup. She is using a Louisville Slugger Catalyst 33/23 and needs a 33/21. I do not care for the Catalyst b/c I bought it new in November and we are now on our 3rd one. She is 5'7 135lbs. Any ideas or opinions will be greatly appreciated b/c this is turning into a headache.

Why a -12? A 32/22 would probably swing faster for her than a 33/21. Imo -12 shouldn't be made larger than 18 oz, and the popular saying is "swing the heaviest bat possible", not the longest bat possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes