So many colleges - how do you pick ones to consider?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
Dbias: Your DD is on the correct path. Instate tuition for nursing could be the best option. Why attend school out-of-state if WV makes it worth her while & she would like to stay & live close to home after college?

Mar 26, 2013
I like that site. However, I did have an issue. I put in softball as a must, but got back at least three schools that definitely do not have softball as a varsity sport: Duke, Johns Hopkins and Southern Cal. So it's not terribly reliable for girls trying to weed out non-softball schools.

It's going to be a pain to take the schools it gives, go out to each one's website, jump to its athletic website and verify whether it has a softball program. Argh.

LOL, this is ...shhh true. However, the site has sliders for each criterion, where you can choose whether you 1) don't care, 2) would like or 3) must have. I feel that if one is searching with a 'must have' in a category, it's only right for the search to respect that.
There is a link next to "2. Select a sport" that allows you to filter by level of softball - Div I | Div II | Div III | Intercollegiate | Intramural | Club. When I chose Intercollegiate, USC dropped from the results.

I recommend the site for 2 reasons. First, going through the extensive list of search criteria is a good exercise for the student because it makes them think about what is important to them. The second reason is it provides a lot of useful information about each school in a uniform format - much easier than searching through each school's website.

Note: Pardon me for resurrecting this thread - I found it after seeing Indiana's latest one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi