Sleeve color pitchers?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 20, 2023
My daughter is under the impression that when pitchers wear long sleeves they have to be white. Is this an actual rule?

May 27, 2013
My daughter is under the impression that when pitchers wear long sleeves they have to be white. Is this an actual rule?
I don’t believe it is. What sanction? I always thought that sleeves worn on the pitching arm just couldn’t be optic yellow like the ball. When I was in HS and we played with the white SB our sleeves just couldn’t be white.

Jan 20, 2023
I don’t believe it is. What sanction? I always thought that sleeves worn on the pitching arm just couldn’t be optic yellow like the ball. When I was in HS and we played with the white SB our sleeves just couldn’t be white.

They are playing a mix of Perfect Game, USSSA and USA. A coach told her this a few years ago but I can’t find a rule.

Dec 15, 2018
CT
USA: 3-6-C
UNDERSHIRTS: Players may wear a solid-colored undershirt. It is not mandatory
that all players wear an undershirt, but if more than one player wears one, they
must be like in color and style. No player may wear ragged, frayed or slit sleeves
on exposed undershirts.

Supplement 41
A pitcher should be dressed identically to the other players on the team. A long-sleeve
sweatshirt of any color is acceptable under the jersey. If worn, the sweatshirt sleeves
may not extend past the wrist so a clear gap can be seen between the ball and the end
of the shirt. If two or more players, including the pitcher, wear sweatshirts, they must
be identical in color and style. No player may wear ragged, frayed or slit sleeves on an
exposed undershirt.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles