Simply frustrated - opportunities for playing time

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
She is so burned after this last weekend, i don’t know that I will ever be able to get her back on the field. When you see the same people every weekend, no matter the team you are on, i can’t say i blame her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just saw that the HC of the team we just left has added another catcher. So they have 4 catchers again. I so badly want to reach out to this new girl to tell her that she's become the next bench-sitter/bullpen catcher in place of my DD, but I will refrain. This is all hard on these kids, but they're going to be so much tougher about rejection in their personal and professional lives later because of it!

May 7, 2015
SoCal
She is so burned after this last weekend, i don’t know that I will ever be able to get her back on the field. When you see the same people every weekend, no matter the team you are on, i can’t say i blame her.

I obviously don't know the specifics of what happened, but for me, fall back to the fun and individual aspect of the game. DD has had personal issues on teams and she's had some awful decisions made against her by her coach in terms of playing time, etc. but has bounced back tougher for it.

Take BP with your DD, hit for distance on a field. Start a new long toss regiment. If your DD does any strength training, focus on that. The goal for the redirection from the social aspect was to get my DD stronger and quite honestly, just plain kick rear. I really like the metrics that can differentiate players, overhand velocity, exit velocity, pop time, dead lift, front squat, etc.. Simply focusing on it can net tangible increases in not that much time. If your DD has plans to really make a run at SB, she'll experience more than her fair share of difficult times.

Good luck and get out there with her. Oh, and her favorite snack after workouts probably means more than the above, maybe shouldve lead with that on! In my case both of us sitting on the back of the tailgate with Acai bowls, those are the times that you'll remember

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Take BP with your DD, hit for distance on a field. Start a new long toss regiment. If your DD does any strength training, focus on that. The goal for the redirection from the social aspect was to get my DD stronger and quite honestly, just plain kick rear. I really like the metrics that can differentiate players, overhand velocity, exit velocity, pop time, dead lift, front squat, etc.. Simply focusing on it can net tangible increases in not that much time. If your DD has plans to really make a run at SB, she'll experience more than her fair share of difficult times.

If a kid hasn't done weight training, even a little can produce significant improvement. Getting out and practicing with the kid is memorable all by itself, and that is certainly amplified when it shows up during a game.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
We just saw that the HC of the team we just left has added another catcher. So they have 4 catchers again. I so badly want to reach out to this new girl to tell her that she's become the next bench-sitter/bullpen catcher in place of my DD, but I will refrain. This is all hard on these kids, but they're going to be so much tougher about rejection in their personal and professional lives later because of it!

We've never been able to keep more than two "full-time" catchers on the roster, with 1-2 who can do it when necessary. DD's team has tried to stack players for depth, but the roster always falls back to that equilibrium point of 10-12. When pretty much everyone is a decent player, the sitting needs to be pretty equal, or people will quickly leave. Even if it is "equal", keeping 13+ players happy is difficult.

May 6, 2015
Well, we went. Teenage girl squabbles, cell phones and one bully certainly are a recipe for disaster. Lessons learned this weekend, and one heartbroken kiddo who lost a bunch of “friends”. Not gonna lie, one pissed off mama here who also lost a lot of faith in humanity this weekend.

b proud of her, make certain she understands character she develops now will be with her the rest of her life, and will show through, and serve her well.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00