Should I move my DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 14, 2011
Blue, Oklahoma
I appreciate all of the responses you guys have given me. My daughter has goals of playing college softball and she realizes that good academics is very important part of the process. I enjoy every minute of watching her play the game she loves so much, but I never loose site of the ultimate goal which is to get a quality education. DD has always made straight A's because academics is important to her too. Every since I can remember she has told me she wants to pitch for Oklahoma Sooners one day and I've told her how hard it would be to get there. That only fueled her fire even more and made her work harder at softball and academics. She is a very determined girl and very competitive which makes it hard to watch her play at her current school. I realize just because grass is greener right now at the school we are looking to transfer into that roles might reverse and backfire on us. Our main goal is to get a college education and softball gives her that opportunity. DD plays travel ball at a very high level and most likely if she is given a scholarship it will be a result of playing with her travel team and not school.
We have many ties with DD's current school that make the decision hard. I'm a school board member there and wife is the president over the girls athletic program, but bottom line is I have to do what is in my DD's best interest. Only problem is at this point I'm not sure what that is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd