Season is Done

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2009
NE
Our season just finished up. I'm proud of our girls for giving it all every time out.

Here is some season information

10U ASA Class B in Nebraska
Started inside on Jan 4th
Ended July 5th
Record 33 - 17
Tournament Results -
Class B State Champions
Other Tourney's
1 - First
2 - Second
1 - Third

We thought about Northern Nationals but my ace injured her knee and with out her pitching and hitting we decided to be done.

Thanks to the forum for all the insights and options everyone provides.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Thanks for the info. A couple of questions and excuse my ignorance but was your team a travel team and if not, did you add any players with travel ball experience throughout the season? How often did you practice? Did your ace win with one particular pitch or did she have command of several pitches?

Jan 23, 2009
NE
We would be called a travel team here in Nebraska. We played in tournaments around Nebraska. Most of the girls go to school together in our town. A few go to other small town schools around us. I had 13 girls - 6 were returners from the 2009 team that won Class C State 10U.

I added 3 girls that had experienced some travel ball and 4 that came from the local rec program.

We practiced once a week inside from Jan to May. Middle of March through may we would try to get outside 1-2 times a week. May - July we would not always practice but through some BP in there once in a while (this will be increased next year)

I have 3 pitchers - Two with good speed (not much difference) both have fastballs and flip changes. I also have one that is more of a spot and movement pitcher throwing fastballs to locations, change up and drop balls.

The one that hurt her left knee, partial torn meniscus I am told by her pitching coach averages 50 mph during workouts.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00