Samantha Ricketts Two Tee Drill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The problem will still remain of what/how to use the hands properly. I have been down the road of 'Torque drill'. I even had my DD hit in the 'torque drill position' in games. It was a quick fix/band aid. If I had to do it all over and had the 'knowledge' I have now I would have learned to 'turn the barrel' from the get go. We would have stuck with 'turn the barrel to the ball' through good times and bad. I would only practice 'turn the barrel to the ball'. Nothing else. That is what 'we' do now and will continue to do. That is the goal.

I don't necessarily disagree with your approach, and I might very well be making the same mistake you made.

If you've got the engine moving, then is there still an inclination to drop and yank (DBSF) to get the bat moving? Just wondering out loud.

With my DD, yes. It could be that I'm still trying to figure out an effective way to communicate the "engine" part of it to my DD.

Oct 25, 2009
If we could go straight to our finished product that would be great. But it takes all those various building blocks to get us to where we want to go. And, unfortunately, sometimes where we want to go is not where we need to go. "It's a long and winding road ,,, "

Just wish it weren't so short!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06