Safety Correctness Gone Too Far

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2009
I never wore a helmet so not my area of expertise, but I would think being around pitches and bats and lawsuits would necessitate one today. Back in my day girls heads were not valuable compared to boys' heads I guess especially when it's called "softball."

Funny how things change.

More relevant , it was called slow pitch. They still don't wear helmets.

Lots of rumors of lawsuits; not too many actual lawsuits.

Oct 25, 2009
What's that sigh about? What that girls faces have to look nice or no man will marry them (read with irony), that girls are scaredy cats in need of protection and boys are tough. That but boys' faces can be a mess; that they can lose their eye and brag about scars?

I don't want the protection thank you. (I hit live teen pitching in practice with a helmet, no faceguard, on occasion, mostly am a stand in for pitching practice.) A pitch broke my thumb a few weeks ago, btw. So what, never told the pitcher, never made a sound. Just slid off and got a bandaid and came back.

Go ahead and sigh.

What was the bandaid for? To mark which thumb got broke?

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
What that girls faces have to look nice or no man will marry them (read with irony),
whoa! While I'm not going to wade into that, I will say that in my experience girls will ostracize/ridicule other girls based solely on appearance. Boys will also do this but not to anywhere near the same extent as they typically don't care what other boys look like.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414