running vs icing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 10, 2010
A, A
I asked my daughters trainer if we should be icing after she pitches and he told me...only of she is real sore, then ice would help with the sore muscles......otherwise we should put heat on it. He said that heat pulls blood to the area and helps heal any damage better than anything else can. Of course, those weren't his exact words. He explained it much better then I ever could. But, he also said that if she gets done pitching and feels like a million bucks, there is no need to do anything.

Oct 12, 2009
I asked my daughters trainer if we should be icing after she pitches and he told me...only of she is real sore, then ice would help with the sore muscles......otherwise we should put heat on it. He said that heat pulls blood to the area and helps heal any damage better than anything else can. Of course, those weren't his exact words. He explained it much better then I ever could. But, he also said that if she gets done pitching and feels like a million bucks, there is no need to do anything.

This makes sense.

Also, the whole lactic acid theory has been proven to be wrong. Lactic acid is good, not bad, and has nothing to do with delayed onset muscle soreness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877