"Rookie of the year" syndrome :)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
Ok so DD is coming off a freak pitching injury, where as driving forward the plant foot landed awkwardly in a hole and she twisted her ankle and as going to the ground hyper extended/sprained/smashed her pitching elbow into the ground. 6 weeks later after PT, cupping/electro/muscle scrapping, she went through her first session at high school open practice last night. DD just turned 16, 5-10 220. Peak speed before the injury was 64mph and shes only hit it twice, throws more average at 59-61 on a pocket radar. Last night, first time out, hit 67mph 3 times and her average was more in the 63mph area. Crazy!!! I did send over a nice bottle of wine to the PT this morning ;)

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Hey Greg! I found the secret footage of you working with your DD. I love your radar technique.

Ok so DD is coming off a freak pitching injury, where as driving forward the plant foot landed awkwardly in a hole and she twisted her ankle and as going to the ground hyper extended/sprained/smashed her pitching elbow into the ground. 6 weeks later after PT, cupping/electro/muscle scrapping, she went through her first session at high school open practice last night. DD just turned 16, 5-10 220. Peak speed before the injury was 64mph and shes only hit it twice, throws more average at 59-61 on a pocket radar. Last night, first time out, hit 67mph 3 times and her average was more in the 63mph area. Crazy!!! I did send over a nice bottle of wine to the PT this morning ;)

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
This forced rest is unfortunate due to injury. But it shows something I’ve been saying for years. Give your pitchers some time off. Don’t pitch 52 weeks of the year. The rest will help, not hurt.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
This forced rest is unfortunate due to injury. But it shows something I’ve been saying for years. Give your pitchers some time off. Don’t pitch 52 weeks of the year. The rest will help, not hurt.
Exactly! I had a Golf swing instructor tell me once when I has having some issues with the shanks in my short game. "You need to take 2 weeks off....then Quit!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi