Replacement for Rip-It Elite REFP131

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 10, 2010
Hey everyone,
My 13 yo daughter has a 2007 Rip-It Elite REFP1 31/22 (The yellow bananna bat) that she is getting close to out growing. She is 5'5" and is very very strong. This is the third season its been in her bag and is her favorite bat. She has tried many but always comes back to this bat. I bought her a 33 inch of the same REFP1 last year for 99 bucks at Dicks on closeout, but I think its just a tad too big for her yet.
So we bought her a 32/22 COMbat Virus Morphed for her for Christmas. She hates it. She said it stings her hands and it doesn't "hit the same". I swung it and it feels like the top third of the barrel on one 1/4 section of the end is "dead". It sort of vibrates when you hit in that one spot. She used it for 1.5 tournaments and pulled the Rip-It out. I doubt I'll be able to get her to use it again. Not sure if the bat is bad or what. I think I will send it to COMbat and see.
Anyhow, I looked all over the internet for a 32/23 REFP1 but can't find them anywhere. Do any of you know where I might be able to find one or know of a bat that is very similar in feel and pop to this bat? Are the new Rip-Its any good? We live in colder climate so I always like the RIP-IT because of that, but thought I would take a chance with the COMbat as I have heard good things about it. So far, I am not that impressed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez