rehabing from knee surgery

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 2, 2008
Our first baseman is currently rehabing from knee surgery and cannot fully practice until about Jan.

I will preface by saying we will not do anything with out her physical therapists consent. I have told her not to worry about her spot her knee should be her #1 concern.

I know there are hitting drills that dont use the lower body, i.e. isolated 1 arm swings, tracking drills, vision training, etc..... come mid winter what drills would you recommend for this situation to keep her engaged. BTW she is a very motivated girl and cant wait to get back into action.

Oct 25, 2009
Our first baseman is currently rehabing from knee surgery and cannot fully practice until about Jan.

I will preface by saying we will not do anything with out her physical therapists consent. I have told her not to worry about her spot her knee should be her #1 concern.

I know there are hitting drills that dont use the lower body, i.e. isolated 1 arm swings, tracking drills, vision training, etc..... come mid winter what drills would you recommend for this situation to keep her engaged. BTW she is a very motivated girl and cant wait to get back into action.

Be very careful here! Consult with the PT! The highlight above is the reason! The PT or orthopedic will probably let her do limited softball activity about the fourth or fifth month with a brace.

There is a drill called the chair drill where you sit in a chair and hit front or side toss.

Aug 2, 2008
Thanks, we will be extra careful. I have never had a kid come back from a sliding injury, when the time is right I will ask for advice on how to go about it. She got good news today she already has full range of motion so she wont have to sleep with a brace.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06