Question for the high school parents

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2019
Basketball is more infuriating to watch than softball, in particular with girls. Most girls are
too good at doing what they are supposed to..in basketball sometimes you need to go off script. Like I tell my kids, the goal is
to put the ball in the hoop..not make sure you pass it 10 times before a shot is taken (and 90% of the time after 3 passes it will be a turnover..) Of course I was accused of being a ball hog a few times so I may not be the best person to evaluate this..lol.
So true! Sometimes it seems they think the goal is to just pass the ball around, even handing it off like a QB to a RB. LOL Inevitably, the ball is lost, dribbled off their foot or stolen while we in the stands are screaming, "Shoot the ball"!

Jul 27, 2020
I was talking about it this last night at my DD’s basketball practice. They don’t even know how to get open on an inbounds pass. I’m pretty sure we just figured that out on our own too.[/QUOTE]

Couldn’t be more spot on. See on my DD’s rec basketball team. They seem to move away from the ball more often than move towards the ball. Amazes me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi