Protection for Throwing Wrist/Forearm Sought

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
As I mentioned in your catching mitt thread, the EvoShield wrist guards work great for my DD for protection of the inside of her forearms while blocking (my DD wears them on both arms). They do not limit movement for throwing or catching.

Aug 2, 2011
Sorry, I missed your question Amy. She is getting bruised on the inside of her wrists blocking. It's 10U so every other ball is in the dirt or over her head. And the girls are throwing pretty hard. I found a place in town that carries Evo-shield, so I am going to give them a go. The Evo-shield thumb protector didn't work for her. It is possible that the Shield didn't set right: The bottom corner of the Shield towards the middle of the hand it has a little flip outward. This little flip, she felt, was making some balls bounce out of her glove.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Sorry, I missed your question Amy. She is getting bruised on the inside of her wrists blocking. It's 10U so every other ball is in the dirt or over her head. And the girls are throwing pretty hard. I found a place in town that carries Evo-shield, so I am going to give them a go. The Evo-shield thumb protector didn't work for her. It is possible that the Shield didn't set right: The bottom corner of the Shield towards the middle of the hand it has a little flip outward. This little flip, she felt, was making some balls bounce out of her glove.

It sounds like the thumb protector didn't get formed right. It took us twice.

After having the thumb protector fall out of her mitt while warming up our pitcher, and taking one fastball off the heel of her thumb that kept her out of playing catcher for 2 games, my DD won't catch without it.

Is she getting her throwing hand behind the glove? I'm having trouble picturing how her wrist can be exposed.

I think it's more about the inside of the forearm, above the edge of the mitt. At least it is for my DD.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2014
Mesa, AZ
Eric F - can you tell me what size EvoShield your daughter is wearing? My 10 year old is 5' and 105 lbs and I see they come in small, medium, large, etc. Do they slip on the arm or is it a Velcro wrap fit. Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00