Pro 44 youth gloves....Has anyone tried one yet?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 7, 2020
My daughter is 9 years old and just starting 10u travel ball. She mostly plays pitcher and first base. I have been looking at pro 44 gloves and noticed they recently came out with a youth model. I was curious if anyone has tried them out yet?

I am also considering a Wilson A1000, but have heard mixed opinions with that glove for a youth player. Then last, I have been looking at the Bradley gloves as they are geared towards youth players, but im not sure they have what we want right now. Any advice would be great! Thanks in advance!

Feb 14, 2019
My daughter is 9 years old and just starting 10u travel ball. She mostly plays pitcher and first base. I have been looking at pro 44 gloves and noticed they recently came out with a youth model. I was curious if anyone has tried them out yet?

I am also considering a Wilson A1000, but have heard mixed opinions with that glove for a youth player. Then last, I have been looking at the Bradley gloves as they are geared towards youth players, but im not sure they have what we want right now. Any advice would be great! Thanks in advance!

Big fan of the Bradley gloves for young players...my DD loves hers! We had 4 other girls on our team order Bradley gloves after seeing ours in person.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
DD loves her 44 Pro glove. It broke in nicely and the leather is sweet.
59869f43c67617d69cc016ac9503e476.jpg

c70ab3b5e83a498636b57ca8368b754a.jpg

8ab679a6529a5a52e575966ff5540590.jpg

310b860c7c17e5ad312c7fd53eab7c42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 19, 2016
I think it kind of depends on your 9 year old. If she is 50# I probably would just get her one of those mizuno gloves that has the power close notch. If she is a little bigger that Wilson A1000 will probably work great. My 11 DD is not petite by any stretch of the imagination but and she has been using Akadema AJB74 for quite a while.

Some of these guys really like stiff gloves. I am talking so stiff you can beat of them for two weeks for an hour a day and your typical 9 year old can't close them. Especially those Kip leather ones. You will need a steam roller, a jackhammer, a deep fryer, and a young priest and an old priest to perform an exorcism to break them in.

Jun 8, 2016
I think it kind of depends on your 9 year old. If she is 50# I probably would just get her one of those mizuno gloves that has the power close notch. If she is a little bigger that Wilson A1000 will probably work great. My 11 DD is not petite by any stretch of the imagination but and she has been using Akadema AJB74 for quite a while.

Some of these guys really like stiff gloves. I am talking so stiff you can beat of them for two weeks for an hour a day and your typical 9 year old can't close them. Especially those Kip leather ones. You will need a steam roller, a jackhammer, a deep fryer, and a young priest and an old priest to perform an exorcism to break them in.
I bought my then 9 YO (almost 10 YO) one of those fairly stiff gloves over a year ago when a good deal came across my desk knowing that she would need a new glove at some point. A little over a year of playing catch and taking GB and now it is ready to use in a game by my now (just turned) 11 YO. Not a bad way of doing it if you can.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
A little over a year of playing catch and taking GB and now it is ready to use in a game by my now (just turned) 11 YO. Not a bad way of doing it if you can.
Absolutely the best way if it’s possible! It’ll last much longer than a quick beat down break in!

In a year or two, a quality re-lace will turn it into a new glove again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi