Priorities

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Me_and_my_big_mouth

witty softball quote
Sep 11, 2014
Pacific NW
Man, this whole having a job thing is really cutting into my softball time. Just found out I have to be out of town for a glorious day full of meetings during districts this weekend. My sense of disappointment is palpable - and maybe slightly troubling as far as perspective, but I've accepted that I have a problem.

No Friday check-in, no furious texting with my softball fanatic friends on other fields. No Starbucks or dinner from ziploc bags. No wearing ill-fitting jackets caked in sports drink and dog hair because I "thought it would be warmer" and had to resort to the emergency jacket that is normally stuffed under the seat of my car. No watching DD be nicer to everyone else than she is to me. . . Oh wait, that part's annoying, actually. Well, you get it.

Adulting is hard. 😡

Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
1. My sense of disappointment is palpable - and maybe slightly troubling as far as perspective, but I've accepted that I have a problem.

2. No watching DD be nicer to everyone else than she is to me.

1. Your priorities are in exactly the right place.
2. I thought that was a special thing between just my 14U DD and me.

Jun 12, 2015
Having to miss games for work is the WORST. I think it means your priorities are perfectly in line. Our kids playing ball is way more important than work (but we still have to go to work anyway, so we can pay for the kids to play ball).

Oct 13, 2014
Metro ATL
I have to leave a tournament early on Saturday (thankfully fairly "local") because my DD2 is receiving her letter in theater Saturday evening at an awards banquet. I am ashamed to admit, I didn't know that was possible as a freshman. DD3 is thrilled she won't have to listen to me yell at her all day (from 1st base) to "stay in your legs'.

Work, multiple children - all hard. All worthwhile.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
I feel your pain. It seems like every time a tournament comes up I have to go out of town. I am leaving Thursday for a business trip and not coming home until at least Tuesday night nest week. I'm going to miss DS baseball game Thursday, DD guest playing in a tournament Friday and Saturday, and her travel team double header on Sunday. Blah...get bummed just thinking about it.

Jan 3, 2014
"no furious texting with my softball fanatic friends on other fields." LOL. That's very familiar.... I'm looking at you 29Dad... We even figure out a way to do it when one of us is away on a work assignment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtgeremesz