POLL umpire question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Can turn umpire against your team?

• YES

Votes: 23 92.0%
  • NO

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
What I see in game time situations is often things happened so fast it's hard to discuss something without actually having video replay allowed. (Which I am not advocating.)

Visual angles sometimes are just bad to try and make a call and ump make an interpretation on what they think happened but they couldn't actually see tag being made.

The other times to scrutinize a call by the umpire if the umpire has already made such a silly decision on an obvious call, then I feel as though I would be scrutinizing somebody who is simply silly anyway.
Lol like trying to scrutinise a clown. Trying to say that in a nice way 🙂

Or arguing with a drunk person. No reasoning because they can't understand clearly anyway.🥴

Also there are so few times when we get to have more than one umpire. I know that the umpire is being stretched and asking them to try to perform perfectly 100% ...is a high expectation.
I'm okay with the best of their ability!
Let them be the Umpire.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I was doing a game solo, shallow bloop to center with runners on 1st and 3rd, so I had to stay relatively close to home. Called a force out at 2nd. Angry shouts from the parents, coach comes storming out…I gave him a “gimme a break” look, and he says “I know, I know, you’re doing a great job, I just need to make a little show for those animals “ (nodding towards the parents).
I coached for 14 years. I don't even want to guess how many conversations I have had with umpires just to appease the parents. I made that clear when I approached the ump and we would often talk about other things.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I coached for 14 years. I don't even want to guess how many conversations I have had with umpires just to appease the parents. I made that clear when I approached the ump and we would often talk about other things.
Strategically played!

Jun 8, 2016
Maybe if umpires did it, and then were allowed to admit it, some parents wouldn't act like idiots all the time.............................................................yeah ok that won't happen.

Edit: and yes, before anybody brings it up, an umpire threw me out of a park once but, while I was acting like a huge idiot, it had nothing to do with me complaining about bad calls (which, tbh, would have been infinitely better)..

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Carbajal