Player sunglasses

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2018
DD has a pair of very good Ray Ban frames that fit tight and wrap around the face. They used to have prescription lenses - we popped them out when she started wearing contacts and got orange mirror lenses from Fuse.com for super cheap and they work well. We replace them as needed. Supposedly the orange lens is good for the coloring of softballs and non-polarized. Works for her.

Oct 18, 2021
My daughter has a pair of Oakley sunglasses and regular Oakley prescription glasses. They have held up well. She also likes the fit of them under her face mask and helmet when catching.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
I use Oakley Half Jackets. I think they look cool and they give me a great field of vision. Important for seeing what's going on off to my sides.
Looked at some of these in the past...are you using the standard lens or the XL? From a fashion perspective I like the standard, for function and purpose on the field I like the XL lens for the extra peripheral vision coverage. Honestly for the best field of vision (my DD catcher beast behind the dish and my P/CF for those high fly balls or diving catches) I would choose the Oakley Radar EV Pitch model (one single lens across the entire area) which would give an even broader perspective (Up/down as well side view) but I know both of my DD's like the looks of the Half Jackets or the Flak Jackets better.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Looked at some of these in the past...are you using the standard lens or the XL? From a fashion perspective I like the standard, for function and purpose on the field I like the XL lens for the extra peripheral vision coverage. Honestly for the best field of vision (my DD catcher beast behind the dish and my P/CF for those high fly balls or diving catches) I would choose the Oakley Radar EV Pitch model (one single lens across the entire area) which would give an even broader perspective (Up/down as well side view) but I know both of my DD's like the looks of the Half Jackets or the Flak Jackets better.
I find I like the XL's better for playing in the field. Especially for catching but they serve me well for when I'm a DH or I play third.

I like the Whiskers for my everyday sunglasses.

Jan 24, 2022
I also have one from Oakley. It helped me a lot, especially with sweating. You see, I am sweaty every time I play baseball. Also, I move a lot. Its ear socks and fine plastic material add to its already firm grip.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I always bought DD the polarized fishing sunglasses made by Spyder from Walmart. They're low profile, decent looking, have a selection of lenses and cost $15. Best of all, the fit very comfortably under her catcher's helmet and for the price, I didn't care if I had to buy her a new pair every year.

Jun 26, 2021
My son have a pair of Nitro sunglasses. Manly color and perfect fit for his face. He is rather small and thin compared to his peers. He particularly loves the rubbery consistence of the nose bridge. He does have a point of comparison since these came to replace a pair of Oakleys he loved but that took a dive into the washing machine and got ruined.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles