Player Profile sheet

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 19, 2021
Ours has:
- Name
- Number
- Birth date
- High School
- Grad year
- GPA
- Positions
- Height
- Throws L/R
- Bats L/R
- Contact info
- parent names
- Photo

What it was missing:
A place to write notes for each player

Apr 11, 2016
Whats everyones thoughts to all have on player profile sheet ? Thanks!
I think a player profile sheet helps college coaches to put a face to a name, including background that can be useful for the recruiting coaches.

My DD is still young. She isn't in HS yet. We made one b/c her previous coach insisted on it. We thought it was crazy for a 8th grader to have a profile sheet. We did end up using it for DD to include in her thank-you letters whenever she attended a softball camp. Now that we have a player profile for DD, it is easy for her to update it moving forward. It is like a mini-resume for her softball "career".

DD is still too young to decide whether to play softball in college or not, but we want her to have options in case she does. We find camps that are with local uni that have great academic ranking. We are lucky to live in an area where there are great colleges within 3 hours of drive from us. After camp, we'd take her around the campus. She has to then send out a thank-you letter to the coaches and attach her player profile.

DD knows where she wants to go to college since she was 5, but we told her she got to keep her option open b/c her first pick is very tough to get in. Going to these softball camps is a great way to introduce her to different colleges. If one day she wants to play softball in college, we at least gave her a head start.

I have a niece who is a senior and is applying to colleges, and my sister said she wished she knew to take her to visit colleges sooner. They ended up cramming all the college visits within a few months.

That's my long answer. The short answer is, just have one if you think your daughter may want to play college ball one day.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad