patience and hard work

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 19, 2012
West US
Over the past four years my DD has had a roller coaster TB career, easily summarized by broken bones, teammates who loved her and coaches who didnt play her. This past year she used the off season (her highly anticipated TB team fell apart) to train one-on-one as a catcher.

This year she won the starting varsity position beating out upperclassmen, much to their surprise; she started every game, played every inning. Her team won the district title for the first time in school history, and is moving on to state.

None of this would have happened without hours upon hours of practice, all started as a little league catcher but really changed when were told about the NECC DVD on this board. That took my kid from ho-hum to hey...its clicking, and simply exploded with the hands on training. She's given up one or two stolen bases, 1 delayed steal, and caught a dozen stealing. She's picked off players, blocked like a beast, and had less than 10 past balls in 135 innings.

Thank you to those who gave me feedback, input, shared and your thoughts and experiences. The road isnt over, but a few of you really helped along the way and I wanted to say "thanks", and share the road.

Jul 2, 2013
That's awesome Jr! There's something to be said from taking a break from playing all of the time to work on the position and this is a great example of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach