Panama City Beach, Florida

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
Going to PCB for the 1st time 7/14-7/21 for the USFA World Series. I'm sure some of you have been there before. Do you have any advise or suggestions? Also is anyone else going?

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
We went every year from 8U through the first year of 12's. We always had a good time but I am not 100% sure about issues from Hurricane Michael. I know some things on the east end are still not back to normal. Shuckem's is always fun for the girls. It is a family friendly oyster bar with great music. You will definitely have some rain delays so make sure you have tents and umbrellas with you at the park. If yall need to kill time pretty much every girl likes walking around Pier Park.

Good luck down there. We always seemed to struggle at the beach because it seemed like it was hard to get them focused. We actually went two and out in our 2nd year of 10's and finished 5th at ASA Nationals 2 weeks later. We had a team that only lost 13 games between the fall and summer that year playing the best teams we coudl find.

Jun 12, 2015
DD's played there a few times. It's really hot, and no matter where you stay you will have to drive 45 minutes to a park at least twice. They will not have scoreboards going anywhere, unless things have improved. When we played there it was 8U and 10U and for the most part, the kids wanted to dump softball and go to the beach. I couldn't blame them, because I thought my blood was actually evaporating in the heat, and I'm from the south. Water, water, water and more water to drink. Obviously not my favorite year end tourney.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying