Padded sliding shorts...for catchers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 14, 2013
Long Island
Just ordered this from Amazon:

"Easton Womens Extra Protective Sliding Short"
Amazon.com: Easton Womens Extra Protective Sliding Short, White, Large: Clothing

Some of the reviews state that their daughters love them for catching because it give extra protection than regular sliders for foul balls and the padding is thicker. Anyone use these? Any recommendations? Only ordered these right away cuz DD needs a pair for this week due to her old ones falling apart. Looks like Shock Doctor offers some interesting stuff, but at a much greater price.

Apr 1, 2010
Yes, absolutely. My catcher DD uses only these sliders. They are great for both sliding and catching.

I got some cheaper ones once, but they didn't have another layer of material between the foam padding and her skin. She won't wear those, because they were too uncomfortable. No complaints with the Easton Extra Protectives EXCEPT when the padding starts to clump up/bunch up inside the cloth layers. I think that has happened from the times I didn't get them fished them out of the laundry load between the washer and dryer. When that happens, they aren't comfortable anymore and they've lost most of their protection; I just toss that pair and replace them. I probably lose a pair every year or two. My advice is to wash them on gentle cycle and air dry.

Apr 14, 2013
Long Island
Yes, absolutely. My catcher DD uses only these sliders. They are great for both sliding and catching.

I got some cheaper ones once, but they didn't have another layer of material between the foam padding and her skin. She won't wear those, because they were too uncomfortable. No complaints with the Easton Extra Protectives EXCEPT when the padding starts to clump up/bunch up inside the cloth layers. I think that has happened from the times I didn't get them fished them out of the laundry load between the washer and dryer. When that happens, they aren't comfortable anymore and they've lost most of their protection; I just toss that pair and replace them. I probably lose a pair every year or two. My advice is to wash them on gentle cycle and air dry.

Thanks for validating my reasons for buying them, I'm glad DD has something of good quality now. They should arrive Wednesday. I'll give wifey the heads-up about air-drying them, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207