Our Community Support is Great !

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 16, 2012
While my DD's don't play high school ball yet ( mine are only in U10) We follow our H.S.team very closely and my girls root them on like there is no tomorrow. They also see a good many of these H.S. players at our travel ball tourney's and they really look up to them.
While our program is not near as big as others here on this board ( our towns population is only 9,000 ish ) We do have some outstanding coaches that go above and beyond for the sake of our girls program from U10 TB all the way to U18 TB. All the girls that play on the TB teams also play high school ball for the same school.

The community is really starting to get behind our H.S. program also. So much so that we had a parade when our girls returned from the state championship game last Friday. It was 25-30 firetrucks and police cars strong making a ton of noise thanks to our great Sheriff who coordinated it all on the fly with about 3 hours to do so. We also had PLENTY of onlookers standing on mainstreet waiting for it all to begin who got the word of the homecoming parade thanks to a lot of texts and facebook ... Not a big deal except this particualr parade started the minute they got back to our town at MIDNIGHT !!!

It was something our girls will never forget and while it was a very odd time to hold a parade I thought it was a great thing to do for such a great accomplishment.
Of course the next day there was some grumbling about all the noise so late at night. But it mostly fell on deaf ears.

Champs again! » Local Sports » Cumberland Times-News

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors