OT: Who drives an RV to tournaments in here???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2012
We pull camper for overnight. The advantages :your bed, long breaks place to fix a bite and rest, campgrounds generally quite. Disadvantages most of team in hotel so you can miss out on some non playing team time.

Apr 26, 2015
We have one family who always brings their 5th wheel to tourneys. They find a shady spot to park it in the lot. We bring our chairs and potluck and all the girls go inside and watch a movie or just hang out in the AC. I have no idea how much gas they must use dragging it back and forth. They bring it nearly every weekend.

Oct 10, 2011
We pull camper for overnight. The advantages :your bed, long breaks place to fix a bite and rest, campgrounds generally quite. Disadvantages most of team in hotel so you can miss out on some non playing team time.
This is what we're doing for the next one that is a 4 day tournament at the beach.. We had a friend that used to bring their huge RV every weekend and it was awesome for the girls.. He had more money than me though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Dec 22, 2012
I've brought mine a few times but as the coach, find it's not worth it for me. If I wasn't coaching, I'd bring it every weekend. One of our dads loves to BBQ and would cook all weekend while we played. BUT, adding that to the responsibilities of running the team, I didn't get enough enjoyment out of it. Just more work

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I think of the 8 out of state tourneys we have this spring and summer, 5 are "stay to play". Paying $120-$150 per night through the required sports travel agencies for the same rooms that are on hotel.com for nearly half that price is eating away my soul. My wife has been getting on some net sites and showing me apartments, condos, and houses that can be rented for weekends at the same or lower prices than hotels.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2012
I think of the 8 out of state tourneys we have this spring and summer, 5 are "stay to play". Paying $120-$150 per night through the required sports travel agencies for the same rooms that are on hotel.com for nearly half that price is eating away my soul. My wife has been getting on some net sites and showing me apartments, condos, and houses that can be rented for weekends at the same or lower prices than hotels.

Yeah.....I did this the prior 4 years. You'd think it would numb you after a while but it doesn't. It stung each and every time.

Jul 14, 2010
We took our pop up when we could. Saved a ton of money. Sold it and saving for our dream RV which I think would be great to have on site. KOA in Va Beach, nice spot up in Binghamton, Fort Wilderness near OC, MD. Got flooded out at Fort Whaley and was lucky the water just missed the bottom. Yep, great memories - we don't drink so it's nice to have team time and camp time. Did I mention the saving $ part?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi