Opinions on 12U catchers gloves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 29, 2011
I just got the Nokona BS3250CBLK, beautiful glove but stiff as a board and the finger stalls are cut for male not female. Too big of a finger spread. Just got the Rawlings CCMFPY which is a much smaller glove and not as stiff so we will see.......

Apr 1, 2010
Softball equipment manufacturers should love me! I bought DD the Mizuno GSX92 this weekend. We had been to the New England Catching clinic and even though I think DD got her glove on every ball Jay threw, every stinking one bounced right out. A girl there had the GSX92 and she swallowed up every pitch. She let DD try hers on afterward and it fit well, so we headed over to our favorite local retailer, found one and had it steamed. DD has been walking around the house all weekend, throwing a ball into its deep web and marveling at how easily she can catch with it. :-D If her thumb starts getting beat up, we may upgrade to the GSX53, but right now the GSX92 is fitting her hand really well and she's super pleased with it.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Hey Ms Dino! Good to talk to you at the clinic! (I am gsx92 girl's dad). I am sure the mitt will work out well. DD was having trouble early last spring holding balls. I heard tons of advice of what she could be doing wrong, I didn't buy it. We got the mizuno and haven't had a problem since.

Great clinic wasn't it. We haven't set our tourney schedule yet, but I am thinking 1 or 2 in KC area. I will shoot you a message when we do, and see if your daughter would happen to be at the same tourney.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Ms. Dino, B just told me to have you tell S that she hopes to see her at the Willis clinic in Jan.

Apr 1, 2010
Ms. Dino, B just told me to have you tell S that she hopes to see her at the Willis clinic in Jan.

Hi, redhot. I'm glad to know you made it back home safely. Yes, S is signed up for the Willis clinic. It would be great to see all of you there *and* in tournaments this spring! She's in the Sunday afternoon session, since Saturday is her team practice day. She went last year and had a wonderful time. Megan runs a great clinic; she showed the girls a lot and really kept them moving.

Thanks so much again for letting her try on that mitt. She couldn't be more thrilled with it!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA