Opening Weekend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
Rec started up this weekend for DD..

Game was supposed to start at 7:30 pm but other games had run over causing our game to not start until about 9pm :/ And it started raining about 1/2 in..

It wasn't looking super great after the first two.. DD pitched the first two and gave up 3 runs and on her first AB, popped up to first base :(

Next time up, 2 outs, she hits a long fly ball to right field and got an in the park HR (And I didn't get it on video - I was doing book and GC and couldn't get my phone out fast enough) She used to hit them a lot back in 10U but since moving up to 12U she's only really able to get triples. She tends to hit towards RF and she's quick so can make it pretty far.

Ended the day with 2 hits, 4 RBIs. Our team had been down 3-6 in the 3rd but came back strong in the 4th and 5th and won 12-6!

Also when she was catching, batter hits a foul ball that goes straight up and DD throws off her mask to try to find it - she couldn't but she did make the attempt.

18U coaches were watching and were like - wow - we can't even get our 18U girls to do that ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06