Oklahoma Hitters

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
Cornbead, this student from 5-7 years ago They spent all there time (2 years) trying to control there forward move with the rear leg/hip.. Believe it or not there was probably 50 forum pages of folks arguing that she was doing it wrong/wright which is why she couldn't hit in games.. As You can see it prevented her from getting fyb before whipping the barrel.. Parents following along need to learn from others mistakes. The rear leg/hip really shouldn't matter until you get fyb.. IOW's don't force a movement out of sequence.

7MehJ1v.gif
Agree. During the forward move I try to keep the hips tight. I want the back knee and belly button to advance during the forward move. What do you want to see controlling the forward move?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Agree. During the forward move I try to keep the hips tight. I want the back knee and belly button to advance during the forward move. What do you want to see controlling the forward move?

The middle.. If one has balanced UFA's (sagittal/frontal plane) it should happen naturally. Look at Clemonslee1's daughter for example.. It's really simple with some body awareness.. You will get fyb and the rear leg/hip relationship is in tact without a thought. The more you get engaged up-front the more will be available reactively while moving fyb.

DrDrodd's, daughter thinks of her legs as anchors (supporters) while letting the middle move her out.

CB715nl.gif

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Cornbread, just because it's your pattern of choice doesn't make it correct.. The rear leg/hip is important (fyb) but trying to control the move out with the rear leg prevents the use of the lead side. Feel free to rob hi your student of being an athlete but stop leading others with the narrative.

Not what's happening here.

sXPb07L.gif

F5Knp21.gif

You have to be kidding, the thing that stands out with Oklahoma hitters is the are ready to swing at release and utilize the back leg.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
You have to be kidding, the thing that stands out with Oklahoma hitters is the are ready to swing at release and utilize the back leg.

Shawn what the he!!.. Every great hitter uses both legs as supporters.. All the Oklahoma hitters swing from a leveraged position..

Shift to then swing.

r3wae3N.gif

sXPb07L.gif

F5Knp21.gif

Here is your example of pull back and letting the snap shift the weight while swinging from one leg .. He checks your box of being ready to swing at release from one leg.

u0mdLSJ.gif

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Shawn what the he!!.. Every great hitter uses both legs as supporters.. All the Oklahoma hitters swing from a leveraged position..

Shift to then swing

r3wae3N.gif

sXPb07L.gif

F5Knp21.gif

Here is your example of pull back and letting the snap shift the weight while swinging from one leg .. He checks your box of being ready to swing at release from one leg.

u0mdLSJ.gif

Show one of your hitters or yourself swinging from a leverage position. While using the core/torso to move and the legs supporting.

I tried the torso stuff for 20 years it’s a dead end.

Oct 2, 2017
Show one of your hitters or yourself swinging from a leverage position. While using the core/torso to move and the legs supporting.

I tried the torso stuff for 20 years it’s a dead end.

You guys crack me up. While I may hold to one view over the other, you cannot simply take the term "Leveraged" and say it's only those who are 2 legged are leveraged, or vice versa, 1 leg LOL. IMO only, the term needs to be understood as in that it can be applied to either method. Lots of people use the word weighted, ex: rear leg is weighted, or shifting to a weighted front leg. The reality I believe is that "weighted" can be mis understood. "Leverage or Leveraged" is a better term. The question is what/where are you getting leverage from? Rear leg only, partially as in 60/40, 50/50. Hopefully that makes sense. Just my opinion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdawson30