Off season sports

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
Dds first love is softball. Then archery
Does she shoot competitively? Compound bow? DD#1 got interested in archery late so she never got into competition. The guy we got her bow from had said that while there is a lot of competition in the compound bow category, there is more opportunity in the recurve category.
also, if you/she are concerned about survival at a liberal college, look into conservative ones. I know a guy who is as conservative as they get and both of his kids went to James Madison- where I know they have had a good softball program in the past.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
There really is no off-season from SB anymore between Travel and HS ball. DD's while in middle school played lacrosse and volleyball for a few years and have played both club and school basketball.. This year in HS they plan on also playing BB and probably track (one runs and one wants to try shot put and discus). We'll see....

Jun 17, 2014
My daughter plays field hockey in the fall for her HS. She has played FH in fall and softball in spring since she started field hockey in 6th or 7th grade (she just started 11th grade today).

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
My dd is just starting her sophomore year in college. She plays on the club team. Other then that she plays pick up basketball and she hits the gym to work out. In HS she played volleyball, basketball as well as softball. Add in concert and marching band and she was a busy kid. In middle school she also ran track and played soccer.

I'm not sure how she did it all, but she did it all. I picked up some books at the library the other day and the librarian asked if Nat was my dd and the. She told me stories of my dd and when she volunteered at the library. I went home and asked my DW when did Nat work at the library? She didn't know either.

Jul 26, 2016
NTX
When is this mythical "off season" you speak of?? :D

Yeah, my DD's are very young, but we're already preparing for no off-season. We're going to put them in other sports that they can participate in simultaneously. They're about to start gymnastics, and have shown an interest in playing tennis. I had my older in golf until I realized she was a natural hitter and switched her over to softball, but we may start her up with that again, soon.

All of them are short, so they probably won't be playing vball or bball. They have shown an interest in soccer, but I've been steering them away from that even though it would probably help them with their overall physical ability (hoping that gymnastics will do that for them, and they seem to like that a lot more than soccer).

Nov 16, 2015
DD1 was a 4 sport athlete last year. No more track for her, so we are down to 3. She is still playing volleyball and basketball. Softball is the first love. Volleyball season is her offseason. She doesnt touch a softball from August 1 until early to mid October. She seems to be refreshed and ready to go once volleyball season is over. DD1 is a freshman in high school

Apr 26, 2015
All of them are short, so they probably won't be playing vball or bball.

Well my DD is the smallest on every team she plays on. But she is the 3pt shooter on her bball team. Get it to her outside and you are golden!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi