Notification of potential illegal situation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

1fingeredknuckler

TOUCH EM ALL
May 27, 2010
WISCONSIN
Has it ever happened in high school state championship softball, baseball, football, basketball, that the state association would go to a coach the night or day before the championship game with an official or officials and notify the coach that they may have a player or players that are possibly violating a rule and they would be enforcing the potential violation?

If so, who are the named parties in the rule book that say "Softball insiders say the rule is in place to prevent pitchers from giving batters a different visual while also preventing the use of advantageous angles of release." And where does it say this? And who are softball insiders?

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
I remember reading on one of these forums once about a HS team who's pitcher had been illegal all season, and the umpires rarely, if ever, called it during the regular season. For some reason, once they reached the post season, the governing body informed the head coach that they were aware of her pitching mechanics and their illegality, and that the umpires for their next game were given specific instructions to look for it. I don't remember the outcome, nor where I saw it. I'll do some digging.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I remember reading on one of these forums once about a HS team who's pitcher had been illegal all season, and the umpires rarely, if ever, called it during the regular season. For some reason, once they reached the post season, the governing body informed the head coach that they were aware of her pitching mechanics and their illegality, and that the umpires for their next game were given specific instructions to look for it. I don't remember the outcome, nor where I saw it. I'll do some digging.[/QUOTE]

Here it is:http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-discussions/14955-what-would-you-do.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi