Not all in the hips???? what do you all think???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Interesting theory what do all you hitting gurus think

[URL="http://youtu.be/q2y_HUzTF80"/]Buster Posey Experiment[/Url]
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q2y_HUzTF80" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I found this comment interesting …. “Add 6mph of bat-speed by using your shoulders”.

What I believe he really meant was that his understanding of the 'spine engine', and its associated 'core usage', adds bat-speed.

Take note of how he conducted his 'experiment'. He paused in his landing position for 1-2 seconds. Personally I’m not seeing such a pause in Posey’s swing. Such a pause is a bad thing to teach and is disruptive to the energy flow process. I question if adding such a pause leads to useful information on an overall basis.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Yes. "Connective tissue faster than muscle"....he is talking about SNF, resistance, barrel faster getting whipped not pushed, not just firing the hips and muscling the swing forward, but using the back (he says shoulders) to resist and slingshot the barrel. All things we talk about in each our different ways.

May 3, 2014
I found this comment interesting …. “Add 6mph of bat-speed by using your shoulders”.

What I believe he really meant was that his understanding of the 'spine engine', and its associated 'core usage', adds bat-speed.

Take note of how he conducted his 'experiment'. He paused in his landing position for 1-2 seconds. Personally I’m not seeing such a pause in Posey’s swing. Such a pause is a bad thing to teach and is disruptive to the energy flow process. I question if adding such a pause leads to useful information on an overall basis.

Without understanding resistance many will just teach an all back all forward in an effort to "show the numbers"

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Without understanding resistance many will just teach an all back all forward in an effort to "show the numbers"

Many will hear his comment of "using the shoulders" and not clue in to the need for resistance. With that single comment he may have caused more harm than good. Then there is the concern that his 'experiment' included a purposeful disruption in energy flow.

May 3, 2014
Many will hear his comment of "using the shoulders" and not clue in to the need for resistance. With that single comment he may have caused more harm than good. Then there is the concern that his 'experiment' included a purposeful disruption in energy flow.

Good thing we are more evolved around here.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors