No more buckets

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 11, 2016
I can't catch sitting on a bucket...just too high as a target. I usually just kneel on one knee. After busting my lips when my kid started throwing too fast on a practice pitch (thankfully not a full pitch, or else I'd have a broken bone), I ended up buying an umpire face mask and catcher knee protectors. The positive side effect with catching is it definitely makes me quicker in reaction time. Hopefully I have a few more years of catching before my knees give out.

A toast to all the moms and dads who catch for their kids, esp. after an argument with your teenagers so they are out for blood....

Jul 22, 2015
This thing looks pretty cool! Love how it folds up, but I wonder how stable it is. I understand that the bucket could make the target too high, but I caught my dd from a bucket for years and just held the glove low.

Nov 18, 2015
Must be a browser setting - on a PC, I clicked on the image in Spanky's reply (that said there wasn't a link), and the Amazon page popped up. There's a video option on the left (bottom of the row of pictures).

Video synopsis - Coach enters worlds cleanest dugout. Unzips backpack, takes out what looks like a bucket lid. (Think collapsible camping cup). Puts stool next to bench, sits on stool. Looks out over empty softball field. And only then realizes that he's the only one there. So he calmly stands up, collapses the stool, puts it back in his bag, and walks off with a "yeah, I meant do all that" air about him, while secretly cursing his ex-wife for once again telling him the wrong location of their daughters game.

May 8, 2019
Must be a browser setting - on a PC, I clicked on the image in Spanky's reply (that said there wasn't a link), and the Amazon page popped up. There's a video option on the left (bottom of the row of pictures).

Video synopsis - Coach enters worlds cleanest dugout. Unzips backpack, takes out what looks like a bucket lid. (Think collapsible camping cup). Puts stool next to bench, sits on stool. Looks out over empty softball field. And only then realizes that he's the only one there. So he calmly stands up, collapses the stool, puts it back in his bag, and walks off with a "yeah, I meant do all that" air about him, while secretly cursing his ex-wife for once again telling him the wrong location of their daughters game.
Thanks for the synopsis but was looking for the link to Amazon to buy maybe a name to search for it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619