No assistant coaches ?!?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 21, 2021
Well here we are , year 3 , 10u Fastpitch rec league coach again. They sucked me in by promising to pair me with an assistant coach...never happened. Then there was a girl who played college and said she would coach with me, never showed and is now ghosting me. NO parents said they would help, however managed to a get a team mom but help has been minimal.
And didn't tell you I'm a cancer survivor and diabetic amputee so needless to say I shouldn't be coaching this team alone. Again.
Sorry, just had to vent a little...That being said, I drafted well and we got some ballers, love for them to get 1st place with their 1 Coach vs a freaking legion of helpers/coaches of some of the other teams

May 24, 2013
So Cal
"Parents - I'm excited to to be the coach of this team, and think we have a real chance to have a fun and successful season. However, I can not handle this team all by myself. I was told by the league that there would be another coach with me, but that has not happened. I need a couple of people to step in and help me make this season happen for your girls. You don't need to have played, don't need to know the game, or even be athletic. I can give you direction on what needs to be done and how to do it, and you can learn right along side your daughters."

Or something like that...

Jul 31, 2015
"Parents - I'm excited to to be the coach of this team, and think we have a real chance to have a fun and successful season. However, I can not handle this team all by myself. I was told by the league that there would be another coach with me, but that has not happened. I need a couple of people to step in and help me make this season happen for your girls. You don't need to have played, don't need to know the game, or even be athletic. I can give you direction on what needs to be done and how to do it, and you can learn right along side your daughters."

Or something like that...

This ^
In an email.

You could also reach out to the local HS team to see if any of the varsity players could use service hours on the weekends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi