Nicknames on Profile Sheets? Yes or No?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
What do y'all think about putting players nicknames on their profile sheets and on the Sports Recruits pages? I have seen some names that make me cringe. Some of these name are not really flattering and I am sure they don't want to carry it with them the rest of their lives. Why not put only their given name and let the coach figure out their nicknames? Once they get to college they may develop a different nickname? I know that I have several nicknames over my lifetime.

Mar 20, 2019
I'd say only use a nick name if that's what the kid goes by. No one knows George Lee Anderson but they do know Sparky Anderson. That or if they use a different name than their given name, like a few of my friends use their middle name cause they hate their first name.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Good question!

Just like the other info added.
Use discretion while being appropriate to the topic.

Some nicknames may be fine.
Actually appropriate if that is primarily how the player is known.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I'd say only use a nick name if that's what the kid goes by. No one knows George Lee Anderson but they do know Sparky Anderson. That or if they use a different name than their given name, like a few of my friends use their middle name cause they hate their first name.

Yes! This makes sense. If everyone calls you by that name, I'm good with that. I would never use my College Rugby nickname! or a name that only a coach uses. Yes, I'm old and crabby. Call me Boomer!

Booger--except Booger McFarland
Lala
Caboose
Hammer
Mija
Wheels
Turbo----Just kidding!!!! I like that one.
Boo
Fill in the blank with your favorites!

Mar 20, 2019
If EVERYONE uses the moniker since they were little, then yes. Tiger vs Eldrick--I pick Tiger
I mean growing up no one had a first name it seemed, you either had a nick name or everyone used you last name. The last name was more prevalent and the nicknames were usually a derivative of it.

Oct 4, 2018
My DD is Glitter Bomb.

You can only write it in sparkly letters. Otherwise you spelled it wrong.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I changed the topic to read College Profile Sheets(getting recruited) instead of College Profiles(indicates already in college)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles