New to softball dad!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2022
Hi there, A dad to 2 daughters, 9 & 7, thats relatively new to softball. Both girls played last year in little league, one in coach pitch and the other in fastpitch, and this year both are on the same team. I played baseball the whole time i was growing up into high school but there are definitely some different things about softball. After looking around this site a few times it looks like a great resource. Thanks, Chris

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Welcome, Chris. I found this site pretty early on in my DD's journey (she started playing at 8yo), and the knowledge I gained from the people of this community has definitely shaped her journey - and mine - and contributed to her success with the game. I hope you have as much fun with your girls as I've had with mine. A few things to keep in mind as you go forward...

1 - The goal should always be "have fun and get better" - on every team, and every level.
2 - Softball is their journey, not yours. Even if you become a coach, it's still their game, and you're there to support them...and drive...and write checks.
3 - Take pics and video. A lot.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
Welcome! To some of us you're like the new family with young kids who moves into the neighborhood, when our own kids have grown up and moved on.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
Welcome, Chris. I found this site pretty early on in my DD's journey (she started playing at 8yo), and the knowledge I gained from the people of this community has definitely shaped her journey - and mine - and contributed to her success with the game. I hope you have as much fun with your girls as I've had with mine. A few things to keep in mind as you go forward...

1 - The goal should always be "have fun and get better" - on every team, and every level.
2 - Softball is their journey, not yours. Even if you become a coach, it's still their game, and you're there to support them...and drive...and write checks.
3 - Take pics and video. A lot.

100% what he said!

I started taking so many pictures that I ended up becoming a pro photog with a nice side hustle!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mizenikki1