New "Select" Dad

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 19, 2010
Good morning. As a new member, I'd first like to say hello to all, and that I am very happy to be here. My DD was picked up for an "A" level 16u travel ball team here in TX last night, and she is absolutely thrilled! It's great to have a resource like this site available so we can stay "on the pulse." We look forward to learning from all the experienced moms, dads and coaches, as we are fairly ignorant in the ways of select softball.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
How long as your DD been playing? Getting on a travel team is an excellent accomplishment, you should be very proud! Can't wait to see you posting around the forum, don't lurk now!

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
the 'A' coach must wonder where your dd has been hiding.
The majority of 16U 'A' teams are loaded with girls with lots of
travel experience. In any case, congrats and welcome

Aug 19, 2010
amanda: She is 14 y/o, and has been playing for 3+ years at the REC/Open level.

CoachJV: Yes, the coach did ask why she had no travel exp. The simple answer is this: she was not good enough until now. She tried out for 3 teams last summer, and they all passed on her. Since last August she has devoted almost of all of her personal time to improving, with the goal of making a travel team. We also invested in some private instruction for her, and it helped immensely. Her mom and I just kept encouraging her, and telling her that we believed in her, and I think that really made a difference.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
Congratulations to Amanda. What a big accomplishment!

Welcome to the forum Dad, there is a lot of good information and are a lot of good people here.

Aug 19, 2010
Congratulations to Amanda. What a big accomplishment!

Welcome to the forum Dad, there is a lot of good information and are a lot of good people here.

Thanks Coach-n-Dad! DD's name is not Amanda though, I was replying to amanda_cake's question from her earlier reply. Easy mistake. Thanks again.

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
DD & you should be proud her hard work paid off. Coach will not want to let his "discovery" go to another team anytime soon. Every coach loves to find the kid no one else knew about and just popped up at try-outs.

Best of luck to your family.

May 13, 2008
Welcome to the insanity, zillman. :) Congratulations to your DD for her perseverance and hard work. That alone is a lesson worth learning. Keep working hard and encourage her every step of the way. The only things she can control is her hustle and attitude, so keep at it and good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad