New LXT Plus noise

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 1, 2015
yes her hitting coach said that the 2014 and prior sound like that when they are broken. So many people are telling me LS only replaces a bat once even within the first year (most are baseball players) maybe different warranty for BB?? Either way its headed back for them to look at. guess it's back to the 2015 xeno for tourn this weekend.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
It is NOT only a one time replacement...dont listen to "everybody".

Btw, as I have said on here numerous times. If you buy a bat (that does only have a one time replacement), and it breaks
within a month or so...call in (dont fill out the online form) and and let them know you want a return with warranty still intact since
it broke so early.
Please dont expect this to work if the bat is like 2 months old...haha

Oct 2, 2015
I have one as well and it makes the same noise. A little louder than our Xeno. I don't think it's broken. Sure hits some big bombs!!!!

I've read that the rattle in the barrel is one or both of the discs are loose, and or broken.
If the discs are loose or broken, they don't restrict the barrel flex like they are supposed to, and the bat has more pop.
What's a little rattle, when it's launchin' 'em!

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I have one as well and it makes the same noise. A little louder than our Xeno. I don't think it's broken. Sure hits some big bombs!!!!

I've read that the rattle in the barrel is one or both of the discs are loose, and or broken.
If the discs are loose or broken, they don't restrict the barrel flex like they are supposed to, and the bat has more pop.
What's a little rattle, when it's launchin' 'em!

I'm worried about this comment. No barrel flex restrictions on an already super thin wall means the ball will likley come off harder and faster. If an injury occurs as a result, I believe you'd be liable for damages. Plus the barrel could potentially shatter like shrapnel. This is why umpires will check for rattles before each game...

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I'm worried about this comment. No barrel flex restrictions on an already super thin wall means the ball will likley come off harder and faster. If an injury occurs as a result, I believe you'd be liable for damages. Plus the barrel could potentially shatter like shrapnel. This is why umpires will check for rattles before each game...

I am not a lawyer, but it is my understanding that the player/parent would only be liable if the bat has been altered to improve the performance (shaving) or if the bat is not legal for league play (not ASA or USSSA approved).

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Neither am I, but If you knew what was wrong and choose to use it anyway.... you would have to prove a level of deniability... I believe if you knew it was rattling and making an obvious noise that was not normal, your deniability is lost

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Neither am I, but If you knew what was wrong and choose to use it anyway.... you would have to prove a level of deniability... I believe if you knew it was rattling and making an obvious noise that was not normal, your deniability is lost

Rattle in a bat does not necessarily mean the performance is improved. 98.2% of the time it is because a pieces of epoxy has broken loose. Also a bat can develop a rattle at any time. If the bat was checked by the umpire prior to the start of the game I think it is fine to use without worry.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1