New Guidelines for pushing off mound

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 12, 2022
Umpires at a tourney just explained what was legal and not legal and were not totally in sync or agreement. (Crown hop, replant etc.) thoughts ?

Aug 15, 2021
A coach came up to me the other day and told me that crow hopping is now legal. I tried to explain that was incorrect and it was leaping that will be legal in HS ball. I tried to explain the difference, but I still don't think they understood :)

May 29, 2015
Depends on which rule set you are using. Calling PGF the last few days. While NFHS has legalized leaping, that doesn’t take effect until next season.

I’m really curious to hear the variety of explanations you received.

The alphabets are just making things worse every year by dismantling the rule book that umpires have had beaten into them for years. Prior to this you already had Ol’ Smitty who was passing down “viral umpiring” (to steal a phrase from another umpire) to kids when neither of them cracked the book. Now you have guys (and I am sadly inching to this train) saying, “To heck with it. You had us calling all these things and now you don’t want any of it called. Why bother learning another subtle nuance that is just going to cause another commotion.” It ain’t right, but it is the way it is.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414