New England Catching Camp Road Trip - Chicago / March 21-22 2015

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 9, 2012
Signing my 14yr old DD up for this...I know it's a few months out, but is anyone else looking at attending?

Road Trips

Also...looking for feedback from others that have attended their Road Trips.

Dave

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My DD (9yo at the time) attended last year's NECC clinic in So Cal, along with 2 of her 10U teammates. In the past 10 months since the clinic, these 3 young girls have developed into the kind of players that make a big difference for their team in every game they play behind the plate. They do their job effectively, efficiently, confidently, and - most importantly - they do it safely. I watch games from 8U rec to HS, and there are VERY few catchers I see doing a better job behind the plate than my DD and her NECC-trained teammates - even at the HS level. My older DD (a HS pitcher) is often irritated that the catchers on her team aren't as good as her little sister - LOL.

The Road Trip clinic is worth every penny of it. The teachers are excellent, and the instruction is truly the best you can get...anywhere. The ONLY thing you could do better for your DD's catching skills would be to attend NECC's Summer camp.

I believe in NECC's program so much that I eagerly took on the task of finding a facility for them to run this year's clinic in So Cal when Jay Weaver (NECC Director) told me that last year's facility wasn't going to work out. My DD is very excited to be attending again, as are her teammates.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2013
Dave,

My daughter will be attending, in fact, we mailed the check in as soon as the Chicago camp was publicized. I only wish the camp was a little closer to home. My daughter plays 11U.

Dec 8, 2011
We have attended 2 different road trips with both DD (now 14U/16U) and younger DS (now 12U) who is starting out as a new catcher. They were great for the kids and not only taught them important fundamentals but gave them confidence and desire to keep learning.

The camps are hard work though. Jay and his crew don't waste time just to hear themselves talk a lot. Each discussion is focused and quick and then right on to the drills. The kids need to pay attention to get the most out of the camp.

For my fidgety 11 year old son it was more of a challenge, but I think he still got a lot out of it.

My daughter ate it up though, didn't really want to leave. She wanted to ask Jay questions (which he is very open to) and even just standing around listening to him answer other people's questions. She also loved being with kids who were all so focused on this aspect of the game. Made several friends that I see she is still keeping in touch with on social media too.

All the way around I would highly recommend.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
She wanted to ask Jay questions (which he is very open to) and even just standing around listening to him answer other people's questions.

I'm not sure I have met anyone who loves to talk about catching (and the game in general) as much as Jay. He's fantastic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06