Never give up!!!! Keep fight for your dream

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
Okay, Emily has played. She played in a doubleheader, last Thursday, it was a summer JV/V HS summer league. She was so nerverous, she started in RF, never played outfield before:rolleyes:, but she backed up the plays well. Then they moved her to 3rd and then 1st in game one. Went 1 for 2 with a single and a RBI, struck out with a change up. Second game they moved her out to center and then let her pitch a inning. Struck out the first batter, then pop to second, a couple of errors in the infield and fly out to left. She was happy, not to give up any runs. Went 1 for 2 with a single and another RBI. Never seen a kid smile so much, didn't know any of the girls on the team to start the night, but now has 12 more friends at the end of the night. Forgot how much of a feeling of family softball is.

They asked her back on Monday night and she played with them again. This time against mostly women's teams, some girls from local colleges and HS. This is a 14u team she is playing with. They got beat, but not crushed and Emily drove in the only 2 runs with single. Coaches and girls were high 5ing her and pating her on the back. What a smile Emily had, the team has asked her to go to some TB tournament and the coach wants her at tryouts for 16u. To all of you with your prayers and well wishes, thank you so much, maybe Emily's dream may come true. She never quits and keeps fight the good fight.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
You brought back a memory for me, DD had to sit out a full year because of a torn cuff (2011), after the doctors said she might not be a pitcher again, she returned in (2012) to the circle and had one of her most inspiring seasons ever. She was ranked the #4 pitcher in the state by the TN coach's association as a junior.

That summer she showed me this video, I remember she watched it everyday, knew it word for word. It reminds me of Emily's journey.

DD's favorite quote she use to say all the time ( I'd here her say it in her room or bathroom when she didn't think I was listening )....... "the odds may be stacked against you...... but what the odds don't know.....this isn't a math test........this is a completely different kind of test.........one where passion has a funny way of trumping logic".

Id like to share the video as it reminds me of Emily's passion, and wish Emily many years of healthy ball ahead!!

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2009
Awesome news!! As a long time reader here I know your DDs story. That is awesome!! Hopefully she knows she has this crazy "extended" family online.

Jan 25, 2011
Awesome news!! As a long time reader here I know your DDs story. That is awesome!! Hopefully she knows she has this crazy "extended" family online.

She knows, I love this crazy family. I think we all sat in the sun to long.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Nano, I love to hear these stories of wonderful success in the face of such adversity! Please give your DD a high five from Ohio from us and tell her great job from us! Congrats on her returning to the field in spectacular fashion and we wish her and your family well in her continuing efforts!

Apr 11, 2012
excellent, excellent, excellent.....great news, great story and congrats to Emily and you too Dad, that had to a "never-forget" evening for your family....thank you so much for sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13